In today’s competitive job market, it’s not enough to have a well-written resume and cover letter. As a job seeker, you need to go above and beyond to stand out from the crowd. A career walking deck is a visual presentation that outlines your skills, experiences, and achievements in a concise and compelling way.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the benefits of a career walking deck and how to create one.
The Benefits of a Career Walking Deck
A career walking deck can help you in many ways. It allows you to showcase your strengths and unique selling points in a way that’s easy to understand and remember. This can be especially helpful for networking events or job interviews, where you only have a few minutes to make a lasting impression.
A career walking deck can also help you prepare for an interview by organizing your thoughts. The exercise of creating a career walking deck can help you identify areas where you need to gain more experiences or skills. By putting your experiences and achievements into a visual format, you can better see patterns and themes that emerge, and tell a story about who you are as a person and professional.
A career walking deck definitely helps you stand out from the competition. While most job seekers will have a traditional resume and cover letter, not everyone will have a career walking deck. By creating one for an interview or coffee chat, you can demonstrate your creativity, innovation, and willingness to go the extra mile.
Tips for Creating a Career Walking Deck
Creating a career walking deck can seem intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Keep it simple: Your career walking deck should be easy to understand and visually appealing. Stick to a simple template (you can get a free template when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter).
- Focus on your strengths: Your career walking deck should highlight your unique selling points. Focus on the skills and experiences that make you stand out from the competition.
- Tell a story: Your career walking deck should tell a story about who you are and what you can offer. Use anecdotes and examples to illustrate your points.
- Practice, practice, practice: Once you’ve created your career walking deck, practice presenting it to others (like a mentor or friend). This will help you feel more comfortable and confident when it is time to use it in an interview.
Ultimately, a career walking deck can be a powerful tool for job seekers. By showcasing your strengths and unique selling points in a visual format, you can stand out from the crowd and demonstrate your creativity and innovation. So if you’re looking to take your professional success to the next level, consider creating a career walking deck today! You can find all of my other resources below:
- 3 Important Parts of a Career Walking Deck
- Career Walking Decks 101
- 3 Reasons Why Every Job Seeker Needs a Career Walking Deck
- How to Build a Career Walking Deck That Impresses Hiring Managers
- What’s a Career Walking Deck & Why You Need It
- My Career Walking Deck (Example)
Want to get started, but don’t know how?
Note: This blog post was written by Notion AI and I only made some edits for accuracy and grammar to get to this final version that you’re reading. How cool is that?!