Thank you Amit for being open to sharing this with the world. Please feel free to like, comment, and share with your friends, family, and peers. Learn more about the Monday Morning Motivational Minute here.
As we begin 2021, we all make resolutions; work out more, do yoga, take that class, and practice mindfulness. All our goals require time and planning. I wanted to ask, “In 2021, how can we get better, how can we learn more, and how can we have greater impact.”
As many of you know I’m a morning riser and hope to capitalize on my day very early. There are days when I need to prolong sleep, but that’s not the norm. I know how time can get away from us and I want all my minutes in the day. Lately I’ve been asking myself, “where has all the time gone?”
So when I ran across an article that was published in Forbes magazine titled, “15 Surprising Things Productive People Do Differently,” I was in for a revelation. One of the contributors shared that highly successful people know there are 1,440 minutes in every day and there is nothing more valuable than time. He also said, “You must master your minutes to master your life.” That’s profound because we never really look at minutes as an indicator of time, we judge time based on days and months.
When you look at time from the minute angle it makes you more aware of what you need to do during the course of the day to maximize it. At least that’s how I’m looking at it from this point on.
Maximizing your day is necessary in order to maximize your life. At the end of my day, if I can’t give an account of how I’ve spent it, then all I’ve been doing is a whole bunch of nothing. And that’s unacceptable.
So as I start the New Year, I am raising my bar even higher so that I can be a good steward over my 1440 minutes. My goal each day is to:
- FOCUS – What is the Most Important Thing (MIT) that I need to accomplish today, this week, and this month.
- PLAN – the details of what is required for the day so that my tomorrow will flow even more smoothly.
- EXECUTE – the plan by “walking it out.”
So with that, I share with each of you some learnings that I hope you may find of interest and value:
- Kevin Kruse Extreme Productivity Podcast (I binge listened to all of them in three days). Would love to talk about this with all of you.
- 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management pdf
- Time Management And The Power Of 1440
- Ask and support each of you what is your MIT
Be a proactive ally and supporter of you to support you to Master Your Minutes and master your time.